Proactive Dealer Solutions (PDS) is a training and consulting company specializing in the implementation and rehabilitation of Business Development Initiatives within automotive dealerships. As The BDC Experts, we have distinguished ourselves as the industry leader for Automotive Business Development across the US and Canada. The successful candidate will work as a key member of the engineering team and be responsible for all aspects of developing our large scale, single page, multi-tiered distributed web application.
This is one of the most exciting times to join us! PDS is experiencing tremendous growth and to sustain that growth we are focusing heavily on R&D, pioneering a new generation of customer service experiences with emerging technologies.
PDS is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, Full Stack Developer who can be a key contributor to the rebuild and architecture of the technology behind our commercial web applications. The successful candidate will be someone who can deliver upon the vision and has a strong passion for building complex web applications.
- Assist in all aspects of software development including everything from front-end web application development to back-end architecture and hosting
- Contribute to all software development cycle activities including design, development, and testing
- Be a team evangelist for best practices around coding, usability, security, and performance
- Review and understand functional UI requirements to be able to conceive and present application designs and UI prototypes focusing on workflow and usability.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working on large-scale, complex web applications as a web developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Working and proven knowledge of object-oriented web development
- Proficient with server-side technologies such as ASP.NET, PHP, Rails.
- Deep experience with modern CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Pure etc.
- Strong skills in database design, SQL and Database Server administration in environments such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Experience with cloud-based deployment and provisioning with contemporary cloud platforms such as Rackspace, Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with RESTful API creation and integration
- Strong math and statistics skills
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as Git
- Familiar with desktop-based browsers and mobile browsers across multiple devices with a focus on responsive design.
- A body of work demonstrating a consistent ability to complete technically challenging work
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies and the ability to put a test strategy/solution in place
- Strong understanding of responsive design and multi-platform development
- Solid understanding of Usability, User-Centered Design, and pre-disposition for finding and looking for efficiencies in process and workflow
- Experience working with project management and creative teams to define milestones and key deliverables
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with React Framework
- Experience working building software for call centers (ie. CRMs, phone systems, scripting systems, etc) a very strong asset
- Success and inspiration working in an Agile environment
- Android SDK or iOS SDK knowledge is an asset
- Familiar with Symfony2 framework an asset
- Public source code repositories that you manage or contribute to is an asset
- Semantics UI
- D3 and Highchart visualization library
- Frameworks such as React
- Responsive Design
- AJAX based
- MySQL database
Learn more about us at www.bdcexperts.com and more about BDC Central at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e1kryr713U&t=73s
Candidates may be required to complete a programming test.